Champagne Les Freres Mignons - L'Aventure Premier Cru Blanc de Blancs NV

Champagne Les Freres Mignons - L'Aventure Premier Cru Blanc de Blancs NV

By request only

Enquire now
Tasting Notes

The Champagne L'Aventure by Les Freres Mignon is the result of the blending of Chardonnay from the 3 different plots: Avize and Cramant (Grand Crus), Cuis (Premier Cru), all old vines of about 50 years of age in Côte de Blancs. This is the first production for this Blanc de Blancs made by the brothers Florent and Julien. The estate is divided as 90% planted in Chardonnay in the villages of Avize, Cramant and Cuis, the remaining 10% Pinot Noir in Cumières. Extreme sensitivity and attention are reserved for the management of the vineyard.

On the nose it is elegant with notes of flowers and pastries. On the palate it is mineral and fresh, with body and a toasted background. At first it is acidic, with hints of green apple drifting into almonds. Complex and very fine. Spicy finish. Fine and persistent bubbles. In its freshness, The Champagne L'Aventure fully transmits its territory and its grapes: ripe white and yellow fruit, citrus, candied fruit. In the mouth the bubbles are creamy, with a well present minerality and a finish of intense pleasure. Drink now or cellar for 5-10 years. 100% Chardonnay.

Derived from Cramant, Avize and Cuis, the NV Extra-Brut Blanc de Bancs l'Aventure was disgorged in July 2020 with 1.6 grams per liter dosage. Offering up aromas of white flowers, citrus zest and green apple, it's medium to full-bodied, pillowy and precise, with racy acids and a tangy, mouthwatering finish. Based on the 2017 vintage with 40% reserve wines, it didn't see malolactic fermentation. 91 points, William Kelley, Wine Advocate.