Champagne Les Freres Mignons - Terroir de Cramant Grand Cru 2016
The Blanc de Blancs made by the brothers Florent and Julien after they left the local cooperative are a result of working the vineyards largely without chemicals. The estate is divided as 90% planted in Chardonnay in the villages of Avize, Cramant and Cuis, the remaining 10% Pinot Noir in Cumières. Extreme sensitivity and attention are reserved for the management of the vineyard. These grapes comes from Le Bateau, a Grand Cru plot facing East.
The very first Grand Cru released by the brothers is incredibly classy. Everything you expect from a very fine Champagne from the heart of the Cote de Blancs , the minerality is nicely tapered by the acidity without thinness or hardness. The chalkiness appears well supported by citrus fruits and fine brioche notes. The bubbles are smooth and fine. 100% Chardonnay.